After emerging curiosity and biases, along with the realization that I’m cheating myself with so many re-reads, I’ve revised The List:
- Four re-reads have been replaced,
- I’m reading a (different) Philip Roth after Callil quit over his 2011 Man Booker win,
- I’m tossing Naipaul because he’s a bigoted ass-wipe -Jean Rhys has the Caribbean covered and I’ve reached my limit with his bullshit,
- The List has been de-Yank-ified -although with Nabokov classed as ‘American’ and Rhys as ‘English’, national status isn’t terribly meaningful- and
- As many female authors as possible, from a severely restricted ‘Top 100‘, have been added.